An Aggressive Defense Against Manslaughter Charges
If you are facing manslaughter charges, you need legal help now. Prosecutors and police are experienced legal professionals. They will do everything in their power to bolster their claims and prove your guilt. At David G. Terry, P.C., we help level the playing field. Our firm provides strong, effective criminal defense to individuals in Roseburg and throughout western Oregon. We will fight your charges.
Manslaughter — A Serious Charge With Serious Consequences
In Oregon, manslaughter is charged when a death results from:
- Reckless behavior that demonstrates an extreme indifference to human life
- Intentional behavior while the actor is under extreme emotional disturbance
- Neglect or mistreatment
- A fatal drunk driving accident
Both first- and second-degree manslaughter charges are Measure 11 crimes and carry severe penalties:
- First-degree manslaughter is a class A felony. If convicted, you face a minimum of 10 years in prison. First-degree manslaughter is a ballot measure 11 offense with a MANDATORY minimum sentence of 120 months.
- Second-degree manslaughter is a class B felony. Convictions carry a minimum of six years, three months in prison. Manslaughter 2 is a ballot measure 11 offense with a MANDATORY minimum sentence of 70 months.
We Will Fight for You
When you are facing decades or years in prison, you need a skilled criminal defense lawyer fighting for you. At David G. Terry, P.C., we do just that.
When it comes to your defense, we take an aggressive approach. Our firm works with outside experts, including psychiatrists, accident reconstructionists and former police officers, as well as our in-house private investigator. The result? Better, more effective defense strategies.
Get Legal Help Now
The earlier you get legal help, the better the results. Don’t wait another day. Call our office at 541-672-4693 or contact us online. We are available 24/7, day and night. We will meet you where and when it’s most convenient for you. Consultations are free.